Low-Fat Chicken Salad Recipe – Step By Step Guide:-Simple, and low in fat There is a recipe for a nutritious chicken salad that is an absolute must for hot summer days, healthy lunches, and a speedy dinner. This lighter version of a traditional chicken salad, which is low in calories and sodium and contains Greek yoghurt and a dash of mayonnaise, yet it manages to keep all of the flavor of the original.
Low-Fat Chicken Salad Recipe – Step By Step Guide
I meant for this healthy chicken salad to be very easy to make, so we can do it whenever we want. This recipe for a healthy salad is flavorful, protein-rich, and tasty. It makes a cold salad with crunchy celery and red onion.
As a quick lunch, I had chicken salad at Legoland while we were driving through Southern California. An 8-ounce helping cost US$10 and made my teeth hurt from the salt, but it was very satisfying in 115 degrees F heat. Sure, I kept telling myself that we could do better. 🙂
So are mac and cheese, yellow chicken curry, and healthy white chicken chili. Homemade food always tastes and is better for you than restaurant food.
Each 1/2 cup amount of traditional chicken salad with mayo has 310 calories, 25 grimes of fat, and 700 milligram’s of sodium. Those are scary! There are only 145 calories, 11 gram of fat, and 186 gram of sodium in our healthy chicken salad recipe. That is a big change in nutrition.
If you replace all the mayo with plain Greek yoghurt with a little mayo, this chicken salad is healthy, tastes great, and is also good for you.
Also, you can cut down on sodium a lot by baking lean chicken breasts at home instead of buying fried chicken. Rather than buying one, we often make our own whole chicken in the Instant Pot.
- 1 lb. cooked chicken 3 cups cubed
- 3/4 cup 3 large celery stalks diced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley or dill finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup pecans, almonds or cashews
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt 2+% fat
- 1/4 cup mayo I used avocado oil mayo
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp any vinegar except balsamic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Place the nuts in a small skillet and roast them over low to medium heat, tossing them at regular intervals, until they develop a darker color and a fragrant aroma. This process should be repeated until the nuts have finished roasting. It is necessary to carry out this procedure multiple times until the nuts have reached the level of roasting that is desired.
- Place it on a cutting board and then chop it in a manner that is relatively harsh in comparison to the processes that are typically employed. After allowing it to cool for a brief amount of time, you should then proceed to chop it.
- A medium bowl should be used to combine the following ingredients: toasted pecans, chicken, celery, onion, parsley, yoghurt, mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, black pepper, and salt. All of these ingredients should be mixed together. Each of the following components have to be mixed together in order to finish the mixture out.
- It is essential to take your time and thoroughly combine all of the components by whisking them together in order to ensure that they are entirely incorporated into another. If it turns out that you need to alter the salt, do so according to your flavor preferences.
- It is essential to keep in mind that the salad will reach its full taste potential after it has been allowed to cool down, so make sure to put it in the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving it.
- Alternatively, you might prepare a sandwich with chicken salad and serve it with greens, quinoa, or brown rice. The sandwich would be made with whole wheat bread.
- This is an additional choice that could be made. Another option that could be selected is the one presented here. Another alternative that could be chosen is the one that is going to be provided below.
- Serving: 0.5cup
- Calories: 180kcal
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Protein: 8g
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 173mg
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
If you like this Article Low-Fat Chicken Salad Recipe – Step By Step Guide Please Share Your Friends And Family Members.